Is God in the Tenth Dimension?

Postby Michel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:10 am

I think I understand what you mean, Thoughtful Idiot. If god is omnipresent and omnipotent, he must be in another superior dimensions.

I am not sure I totally agree with that. I would rather say that god must be aware of all existing dimensions because if he is the creator of it, he must know its existence, right?

Of course, it would put him in a superior 'level' that you call a dimension. But I wonder if 'dimension' is the appropriate concept here. What do you think?

Cheers,
Michel
Michel
hunter

Postby thoughtfulidiot » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks for the response. :)

Thanks for bringing up your point, as I failed to address God's creation and his ability to 'exist' in a dimension he created. I do agree with your point about the superior 'level' that God exists in.

It's hard to wrap my mind around it, but assuming God is the creator of everything, before he created the omniverse, lets assume there was absolutely nothing. Just God. No universes, no dimensions, no nothing.

Now it seems obvious that if a being exists, it must exist in a dimension. But if God has yet to create dimensions, I think we must assume that he somehow exists without living in what we know as our '10 dimensions.'

Upon creating our 10 dimensions, however, I have been thinking that he is the only 'being' to exist in the 10th dimension. Perhaps in order for him to 'see' and manipulate the omniverse, he must first place himself in the 10th dimension.

For example, in order for us to 'see' and manipulate our computers, we must first sit down at our keyboard and look at the computer screen. Maybe that is hows God relation to the 10th dimension is.

This seems unlcear even to me but I am trying to state it in a clearer way. It's more clear in my head than I can express in words so if you have any confusion, just ask and I will try to clear it up.

Thanks.
thoughtfulidiot
hunter

Postby Michel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:46 am

Well, since you seem to agree with me to the omnipresence of a god, my friend, then we must exclude the concept of him taking the decision of creating anything.

Because - omnipresence - means exactly that: Being present at any time; past or future. While not an expert on the subject, I think that most Judeo-Christian religions agree to god's omnipresence.

If he created anything, then you put a timeline to his action. Which is in contradiction with the omnipresence, isn't it?

I think we think too much as humans do in our tiny frame of space and time. Relativity is already here to tell us that what we see is not what there is. I think the answer to everything is right there, in front of us. But we can't see it because we are not wired to think in that ... dimension, whatever it might be.

Cheers,
Michel
Michel
hunter

Postby hybrid » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:28 am

I think we think too much as humans do in our tiny frame of space and time. Relativity is already here to tell us that what we see is not what there is. I think the answer to everything is right there, in front of us. But we can't see it because we are not wired to think in that ... dimension, whatever it might be.

great post michel,
your words have finally caught up with your ideas. LOL

can i quote you?
hybrid
hunter

Postby Michel » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:23 pm

hybrid wrote:can i quote you?

Of course, Hybrid. It would be a honour.
Right now I surf on the internet because I have to think about something else than tomorrow's operation. It will be a simple one but in order to see if the ICD (a sort of pacemaker) works properly, they'll have to stop my heart several times. Apparently it's quite a current operation but still ... I am nervous.

Michel
Michel
hunter

Postby Rob Bryanton » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:23 am

We're all sending our positive thoughts your way, Michel, and looking forward to hearing back from you about your successful operation.

Rob
Rob Bryanton
Site Admin

Postby Michel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:40 pm

I am now back home and everything is just fine, Rob. The only sad thing is that I have lost my driving license for a year and my pilot license probably for ever. That's because I had a cardiac arrest and lost consciousness for a few minutes.

Last Friday, the day after the operation, the surgeon came in my room with another doctor. They barely said hello and were mostly interested by looking on their laptop how my heart and ICD device was working. After putting a sender on my chest, they get very concentrated on the data they read. Then the surgeon said: Let's increase the heart beat! And I felt my heart beating faster in my chest! SCARY STUFF!
Just to know that someone else could control my heart from a laptop ... still, if it is going to safe my life again one day ...

Cheers,
Michel
Michel
hunter

Postby Rob Bryanton » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Welcome back Michel, so glad to know you made it through all right! Woh, that is quite the story! Does that mean they'll give you a little remote control so you can speed up your heart when you're planning on doing something more strenuous? You're right, I think you've got the makings of a new horror film there, where the evil genius is able to control his victims' heart rates at will!

I know how much you loved flying, that's sad news all right. Would you be allowed to be a co-pilot?

Rob
Rob Bryanton
Site Admin

Postby Monopole » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:57 pm

...and god said, "let there be life!"

....and there was life in the old pilot yet!

Welcome back to the matrix Michel... :D

Hope you read the instructions on your new device?
Is it true you only have 3 minutes to replace the batteries?
:shock:
Just because something is unbelievable doesn't necessarily mean its untrue!
Monopole
hunter

Postby ylkcorb » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Theory of Relativity says that speed is relative to velocity; time is the factor that gives in.

Physics concludes that time, space, and matter are relative and have to come together simultaneously or life would not cease to exit w/out one of those physical properties.

Genesis 1:1 of the bible says: In 'the beginning' God created the 'heavens' and the 'earth'.

This verse applies that God began (time) to create space (heavens) to put matter (earth) in.

From this God probably is not affected by time.

He probably cant come from anything or body.

Our universal laws would have no power over him.

He's probably infinite in all ways, because we obviously live in an finite (limited) universe where everything leads to disorder in some way or form.

Ultimately, above the human authors, the Bible was written by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that the Bible was "breathed out" by God. God superintended the human authors of the Bible so that while using their own writing styles and personalities, they still recorded exactly what God wanted to be said. The Bible was not dictated from God, but it was perfectly guided and entirely inspired by Him.

Humanly speaking, the Bible was written by approximately 40 men of diverse backgrounds over the course of 1500 years. Isaiah was a prophet, Ezra was a priest, Matthew was a tax-collector, John was a fisherman, Paul was a tentmaker, Moses was a shepherd. Despite being penned by different authors over 15 centuries, the Bible does not contradict itself and does not contain any errors. The authors all present different perspectives, but they all proclaim the same one true God, and the same one way of salvation—Jesus Christ (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). Few of the books of the Bible specifically name their author. Here are the books of the Bible along with the name of who is most assumed by Biblical scholars to be the author, along with the approximate date of authorship:

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy = Moses - 1400 B.C.
Joshua = Joshua - 1350 B.C.
Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel = Samuel / Nathan / Gad - 1000 - 900 B.C.
1 Kings, 2 Kings = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.
1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah = Ezra - 450 B.C.
Esther = Mordecai - 400 B.C.
Job = Moses - 1400 B.C.
Psalms = several different authors, mostly David - 1000 - 400 B.C.
Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon = Solomon - 900 B.C.
Isaiah = Isaiah - 700 B.C.
Jeremiah, Lamentations = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.
Ezekiel = Ezekiel - 550 B.C.
Daniel = Daniel - 550 B.C.
Hosea = Hosea - 750 B.C.
Joel = Joel - 850 B.C.
Amos = Amos - 750 B.C.
Obadiah = Obadiah - 600 B.C.
Jonah = Jonah - 700 B.C.
Micah = Micah - 700 B.C.
Nahum = Nahum - 650 B.C.
Habakkuk = Habakkuk - 600 B.C.
Zephaniah = Zephaniah - 650 B.C.
Haggai = Haggai - 520 B.C.
Zechariah = Zechariah - 500 B.C.
Malachi = Malachi - 430 B.C.
Matthew = Matthew - A.D. 55
Mark = John Mark - A.D. 50
Luke = Luke - A.D. 60
John = John - A.D. 90
Acts = Luke - A.D. 65
Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon = Paul - A.D. 50-70
Hebrews = unknown, best guesses are Paul, Luke, Barnabas, or Apollos - 65 A.D.
James = James - A.D. 45
1 Peter, 2 Peter = Peter - A.D. 60
1 John, 2 John, 3 John = John - A.D. 90
Jude = Jude - A.D. 60
Revelation = John - A.D. 90
arkdiscovery.com
allwaysbeready.com
carm.org
drdino.com
ylkcorb
hunter

Postby Light Mystic » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Actually, I have seen examples of tons of apparent contradictions. You could say both are true, but there is no "one way" because there are many ways prescribed in that one book...
Light Mystic
hunter

Pointless arguing in my view

Postby tyflikw » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:12 pm

ylkcorb and Light Mystic,
As I have come to find it can often be rather pointless to argue validity of the Bible, contradictions in the Bible, or other such topics. As a born again Christian, I believe the Holy Spirit of God lives within me. He translates the Word of God and helps believers to understand it. Brainwashing? eh. From the secular point of view, i suppose it could look that way. My point is, that the point of accepting that the words in the Bible are true is the point where a person turns to Christ. Aside from that, each side's views are going to be in such stark contrast that it is pretty much pointless to argue.

tyflikw
tyflikw
hunter

Re: Is God in the Tenth Dimension?

Postby ambok » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:30 pm

that means we can go back in time.. and we can see the future. Don't believe me if you don't want to but that's what I know is true.
ambok
hunter

Re: Is God in the Tenth Dimension?

Postby The Operator » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 am

Let me first say this. I found this book extremely enlightening and I wanted further discussion of the topics so I joined this forum.

I believe in a God. Reading this book hasn't changed that at all. I also despise religion. I don't like the concept of it and I hate the implications it comes with. I refuse to be labelled as religious. I cannot stop you from calling me religious, but I don't consider myself nor do I want to be put under the religious label. But yes, I do believe in a God. I think it is pretty pathetic and foolish to try and locate in which dimension God is in. I'm not saying that God exists. I'm saying I believe he does. Faith, belief in something you cannot prove. I'm saying that IF a God exists, it is foolish to attempt to perceive which dimension he is in. God is outside of that. God is outside of creation, outside of the boundaries of physical laws. "Who created God" is such an irrelevant question to ask because what is creation? is creation not tied to the physical laws of the universe? creation means to bring something into existence, where it did not exist before. Thus, the act of creation uses time as a medium but God is outside of time. I could go further into this but its getting late and I have school tomorrow.

oh, and to the gentleman who questioned why God is a "He":
does it really matter? to me, "He" is simply a title we can put to God instead of saying "God" every single time. That's my opinion.
The Operator
hunter

Re: God is in the Tenth Dimension

Postby bruja » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 pm

i propose that god cannot exist in the tenth dimension.

if, as the theory goes, the tenth dimension holds ALL of the possible universes, as well as all of the outcomes of each and every one of those universes - then we can deduce that the tenth dimension is both the highest point possible - expanding infinitely... and infinitely expanding. it is all, no exceptions.

to be able to speak about god, we must first define what god means. i know wikipedia is not exactly a source you would ever cite in an academic paper, but surely if you were to do your own reasearch you'd come up with something very much similar to this: "God is the English name given to a singular being in theistic and deistic religions (and other belief systems) who is either the sole deity in monotheism, or a single deity in polytheism. God is most often conceived of as the supernatural creator and overseer of the universe. Theologians have ascribed a variety of attributes to the many different conceptions of God. The most common among these include omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence. God has also been conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent"."

it's almost fitting when one only considers infinite knowledge and omnipresence, but when we consider things such as "perfect goodness" and "absolute power" and "moral obligation", logic and reason start hitting a bit of a wall. why? well... perfect goodness, absolute power, and moral obligation imply that conciousness and awareness are at play. god then, by definition must be aware and concious. if consciousness and awareness were not part of god's character we, humans, would't have much of an incentive for discussing god's excistence... period. if "god" is just a source of all creation without conciousness or awareness, then, by definition it is not "god" - and we can rationalize that the term "god" is being missused. therefore, for the sake of clarity and this discussion - we are talking about "god" as a concious and aware being.

now... here lies the problem: as soon as conciousness and awareness are brought into the tenth dimension, it ceases to be EVERYTHING and it can no longer exist in the tenth dimension. my reasoning, i think, goes very well with mr. bryanton's well discussed idea of how the waves of probability are collapsed into reality by way of observation. because the blind still operate under the same laws of reality that we do, we can speculate that observation is not based on wha the eye can see, but what the mind can see. in other words, conciousness.

if god does not exist within the tenth dimension (and by definition, it can't) then, reason tells us that "god" is no more than just another creation that spurts out of the tenth dimension. which in turn means that there can't possibly be only one god, but a multitude of them. making gods no different than humans - subjects of the tenth dimension. in other words, they would have as much say over our lives as we wold have over theirs... none.

so... is god in the tenth dimension? impossible.
bruja
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The philosophical/spiritual implications