I'm sorry; songs?

I'm sorry; songs?

Postby Broncostar » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:23 pm

I'm not sure I follow. Is this something from the book, or perhaps the sound from the flash explanations on the website? Can someone tip me in here?
Broncostar
hunter

Songs

Postby Rob Bryanton » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:47 pm

Hi Broncostar, if you click on The Songs in the navigation menu, you will see a list of twenty-six songs which have been written, and I am now just starting to record. The lyrics to those songs are on the last few pages of the book, and they are all related in some way to the topics that are covered.

Thanks!

Rob
Rob Bryanton
Site Admin

Postby Broncostar » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks- should've noticed them. It's great you're doing so much to fulfill your creativity, which I can see is pretty abundant indeed in you.

Do you, per chance, happen to know your Myers Briggs Type Indicator code?

Also, if you have a bit of a time to scrounge around the board, I would appereciate it if you took a look at my explanation for the grandfather paradox (under the forum "time,") or perhaps the two posts I made on your topic "Is God in the tenth dimension?"

I'm sure you must be a bit tense about book sales- I'm sure it'll be fine, and I myself am hoping to purchase a copy once I get a credit card in hand (Being 15 doesn't really get you too much freedom, at least in monetary terms.) Until then, see you around!
Broncostar
hunter

Postby krangksh » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:31 am

What kind of music are we talking about here, Rob? I love the concepts and such ultra-creative interpretations and possibilities in music are probably the most interesting thing I have ever concieved.

Are we talking about a theoretical interpretation of dimensional space in musical form? Does this include experimental musical theory, or the like? It's hard for me to extrapolate as the concept itself is truly wild, but importantly I want to know whether your music involves a creative musical progression in regards to your dimensional theories (perhaps they are not _your_ theories? forgive me if my information is slightly off in a few places, as I stumbled across your website perhaps 30 minutes ago)? Or are we simply talking about lyrics which further explain the ideas, set to traditional music?

Can you discuss genres, musical concepts? I am highly intrigued.
krangksh

songs?

Postby Rob Bryanton » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:52 am

The twenty-six songs which you see listed are normal singable songs, some are rock/pop, some are a little more out there, some are written in specific cultural/historical styles, but they are all songs that people can sing along with.
I also have a second project on the go which will not appeal to the general public, it is challenging and experimental, a few people I have played examples to have reacted very positively, but it certainly will not be everybody's cup of tea.

Thanks for writing,

Rob
Rob Bryanton
Site Admin

Postby Ubuntu » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:54 pm

Rob, are you allowed to tell us about this second project, or is it a secret?
Ubuntu
hunter

second project

Postby Rob Bryanton » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:29 pm

I'd rather not talk about it too much right now, because I'm still months away from having time to work on it again - but thanks for asking!

Rob
Rob Bryanton
Site Admin

Postby Speedwell » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:28 pm

Rob, I was a classical music major in college, and I'm interested in all sorts of experimental music. I would love to see your new experimental stuff, whenever you're ready.
Speedwell
hunter

Postby afudge » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:08 pm

need a bass player? haha just kidding. Look forward to hearing the songs, im going to the page right now!
"Fate has no forgivness for those who stand against it"

-Unknown
afudge
hunter

Postby jack. » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:49 am

hello.

i do like this site, it makes me think. it also inspired me to write a piece of music. it doesn't have any lyrics, and it's hard to say to what degree a piece of instrumental music can represent ideas and concepts... but what i can say is that this music wouldn't exist if i'd never found this site. so that's something, eh?

so anyway you can listen if you want to:

http://home.silencescape.net/~jack/dimensions1to5.mp3

the second part (dimensions 6 to 10) will probably get made eventually.

cheers,
jack.
jack.

Postby guidewire » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:59 pm

hey...nice....you should really get a hold of the 10th dimension on amiestreet and go remix them. Sounds like you would probably make something cool with them. Also....I was listening to Kid A by Radiohead last night and it reminded me a lot of tenth dimension....and.....yours kinda. Your music also reminds me a bit of God Speed You Black Emperor (best band name ever)
guidewire
hunter

Postby jack. » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:34 am

that's cool, i didn't know the original parts were available. i may well look into it.

comparisons to kid a and gybe! i definitely take as compliments. thanks for listening.

jack.
jack.

Postby guidewire » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Jack,

You should contact rob about possibly doing a remix of one of the songs. I would certainly like to hear it.
guidewire
hunter

Return to Imagining the Tenth Dimension: The Book and The Songs