Is God in the Tenth Dimension?

Hamartia science and faith

Postby Tyflikw » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:19 pm

Science and faith link together very closely. VERY closely. You can prove all sorts of things in science that are proven in the bible and visa versa.

To keep a faith in something, one must stay narrowminded about the things that are clear cut. The bible is very clear cut about our making choices and God's influence on them. I am narrow minded, which is good to be I belive.

I am in England right now and will be here for several weeks, so I can't get my hands on the reference material I have on this subject. When I get back to the states I will type a long post for you about science and faith.
Tyflikw

Re: Is God in the Tenth Dimension?

Postby harimak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:04 pm

Rob Bryanton wrote:Physicists tell us our reality is created in ten spatial dimensions (plus an eleventh dimension of "time"). If that's where our physical universe comes from, is that where God is? Or is the tenth dimension just an empty nothingness until the superstrings start vibrating? As I was writing this book this was a thought that I came back to a number of times. I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on this topic.

Rob Bryanton

He IS the Tenth Dimension - BUT He ISN'T the Tenth Dimension.
Huh?
Well, if you were to teach basic science to a 3rd grade class (without them knowing anything about you) at that time that you relate to them you are but a 3rd grade teacher. Are you not?
You are not. Yet you are.
[This I have treated at greater length in my 2 books: Chassidic Insights; Ten Keys for Understanding Human Nature.]
He is the Originator (or giver; as in male function; as in He not She) The Origin; and the Origination. And if anyone understands this well then I have not explained it properly.
Rabbi Kantor.
BTW: Why are they conceived of as "strings"?
harimak

God, the 10th Dimension

Postby Ubuntu » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:52 am

It seems to me there are four likely possibilities of "where" God is situated, if God exists.

1) There are an infinite number of Gods in the Tenth Dimension, as there are an infinite number of possibilities.

2) God is the Tenth Dimension.

3) God exists in or is some sort of unfathomable, illogical Eleventh Dimension.

4) God exceeds all logical, common sense, theory, and physics, and so does not exist in any dimension or in all of them or both of these at once.

Besides these four, there is always the belief that God does not exist at all, except in some forms in the Tenth Dimension, but does not exceed the possibilities or limits of other beings, entities, matter, energies.
Ubuntu
hunter

Postby Dimensionallyhandicapped » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:42 pm

God is like Rock and Roll. It has no reason. It has no rhyme. Keep faith and answers will come in time.
Dimensionallyhandicapped

Does God exist? If so, God has reason and rhyme.

Postby Ubuntu » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:43 pm

God is like Rock and Roll. It has no reason. It has no rhyme. Keep faith and answers will come in time.

That's what you believe, not I. :wink:
Ubuntu
hunter

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:48 pm

I do not entirely buy into the last three dimentions; however, I do believe in seven of them. I believe there is only one infinity, and that God is the very source of this infinity. I believe that He exists on no plane, and in no dimention other than His own, and that upon His will He created a seven-dimentional existence, in which we are conscious. Human souls -- humans being the only members of this infinity that possess souls -- inhabit one fourth-dimentional timeline in our infinity, "collapsed" by our collective perceptions, and determined by our free choice.

The reason we are only conscious of one fourth-dimentional timeline is that our souls only exist in a single dimention. They are only where we physically move our body, only where we perceive ourselves in the fourth-dimention, and only along the current timeline we exist on. This is proven by the fact that we are only aware of one of these things; our souls, after all, are our consciousness, and if they existed in more than one, we would be aware of these other parallels.

As for the last three, they could very possibly exist, but we would never know it, and humans would not exist on it, nor would their souls. This would only mean that God, rather than being the source of the seventh dimention, would be the source of the tenth. He would still be absolute.

Why say God is IN anything??

Postby Lindenshade » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:00 pm

Okay, what if... God isn't IN the tenth dimension? It's like saying I found this ocean in the .. ocean!

Isn't it fair to say that every dimension "contains" the dimensions before it? If God contains all then he IS the last dimension. If tenth is it, so be it. That not the bone I have to pick here.

Biblical rhetoric aside... I honestly don't think any religion is say anything different from the next.

a quote- "when you walk, the universe walks with you."

There is danger in over simplifying a concept, but if you do- consider this... There is no creator, only all that has been created. All dimensions are playing together as a whole. the whole cannot be measured or it would not be the whole. but the whole is using the properties of all its parts together. What is the whole?

The ocean knows itself only as drops. so do we=(consciousness) . But the ocean cannot be an ocean separated, and either can we.

I know this sounds basic.. and I'm not writing very clearly cause I feel rushed just now- But I do think some questions here are missing the mark. If god IS a creator, and created all, and none created him, then "he" transcends containment of any kind. What makes sense to me is that he be the "substance" rather then the "contents". We are the “contents”, of/maintaining “his” substance.

Thus the question is not who created who. Nor who is controlling who. That kind of cause>effect thinking eventually folds in on itself.

If this is true, than in a way, we are all part of the inner workings of god.
If the tenth is as far as it goes, then that point illustrated at the end of the flash film IS god.

On another note.. How do we define "initial conditions?" This is the weakest part of the theory really. If there is nothing, no universe, how is there any condition, let alone differing ones? Someone please try to explain that one to me. at Lindenshade @ gmail.com. thanks.

Without the possibility of "initial conditions" there can be no other starting point in all possible universal realities.. Thus the theory would stop at infinity. one infinity.

Then all possibility can then be "contained" by God, by being the substance of god... I.e. god would be fully realized at the 7th dimension. Funny about that number seven, huh?

Where we stop is not the point. you see?

Just a thought.
Lindenshade
Lindenshade

Postby Lazy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:55 pm

Physicists tell us our reality is created in ten spatial dimensions (plus an eleventh dimension of "time"). If that's where our physical universe comes from, is that where God is? Or is the tenth dimension just an empty nothingness until the superstrings start vibrating? As I was writing this book this was a thought that I came back to a number of times. I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on this topic.

IF you believe in God:

I would guess that god being IN the 9th dimension is a good possibility. If you just take 3 dimensions by itself you can reach any point FROM any point so the 9th dimension would seem to be the same. 10th dimension would be god reaching to all the points of 9th dimensional space at the same time, hence god would be IN 9th dimensional space but be the founding basis for the 10th dimensional which he creates by hitting all the points of the 9 dimensions at once. Since god would be hitting all possibilities there would be no need for an 11th dimension. Being a 9th dimensional being would allow him to see and change anything and everything past, present, future, alternate realities all at the same time, hence being what is considered a God
Lazy
hunter

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:13 am

Brian wrote:Interesting discussion.

From the Bible, God made man, not the other way around.

From reality, man wrote bible.

It has throughout history gone something like this..

Man doesn't understand reality.

Man dislikes reality.

Man dislikes death.

Man fantasizes about how reality should be.

Man comes up with a personally acceptable fictional reality, and in the same seemless motion he psychologically substitutes it for his own.

Man vocalizes, visualizes, and conceptualizes this reality to other men who have the same perceptions; who also quickly adapt it.

A religious belief system is born.

This is the basic birth and progression for every religion that has emerged since humanity started painting on cave walls.

As mankind advanced through the millenia in intelligence and in the understanding of reality, new more advanced religions formed. A religion would be revised until no amount of revision could save it from facts, and thus it would be replaced by another. Which would also be replaced. People were fairly fickle in their choice of belief.

Greater sophistication needed to be put into conceptually adapting religion to reality, so people could believe it.

In the current set of world religions, the bible(s) (and other religious texts), are the written guides for this. They take the idea of the fictional reality, and make interpretations for any and all contexts in our genuine reality which reinforce, or at least understandably agree with that idea.

The New Testament is arguably the most effective with this because of it's notion of "faith". It's basically a system for how to make your very own interpretations of genuine reality so there doesn't need to be an explicit explanation for everything written in the text. This makes the religion much more durable.

Despite this though old volumes are still continually being replaced by newer ones which incorporate yet more historically adjusted explicit, hypothetical, and metaphorical explanations for genuine reality.

To answer the topic of this thread, " Is "God" in the "10th dimension"?

No.

That's like asking if Alice in wonderland is in hell.

"God" and other such fictional entities only exist in our imaginations.

Although a good question might be, "Is imagination a dimension?"..

Maybe a dimension comprised of what we call ideas and thoughts, which somehow determines the other nine?

This I think is relevant and worth thinking about.

Postby Alucard » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:35 am

Brian wrote:It just seems to be a convenient way (read crutch) for people to discredit God because they are uncomfortable even dwelling on the possibility He exists.

How would thinking about the possibility of a god's existence make anybody uncomfortable? The western God has most often been used as an excuse to do horrible things. That fact alone makes me hesitant to believe and quick to snatch up the theory that man created god as a tool.
Alucard

What is God?

Postby MaxB » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:59 am

Didn't read all the stuff you wrote but it doesn't matter. You all missed one crutial point - the definition of God. If you all are not describing the same thing (and you aren't), how can you reach to any conclusion?

To some God is "pure love", to some it's "a guy with the beard that's in the heaven", to some it's all there is, to some it's a "higher being" (what does that really mean?), to some it's not a being at all! So first you have to agree to a single definition of God and what his (it's?) characteristics are and then you can discuss whether God is the tenth dimension or eleventh or whatever.

And I just want to comment something that I noticed od the second page of this topic: "God is not created and He has no need to procreate." That is logical fallacy (one doesn't have anything to do with other). I'm sure there are much more logical fallacies in the topic. I'll point them out when I read more of the topic.
MaxB

Postby MaxB » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Dimensionallyhandicapped wrote:God is like Rock and Roll. It has no reason. It has no rhyme. Keep faith and answers will come in time.

Rock and Roll has the more than one reason - so what does that leave us with? BTW answers will not come in time - if they would, someone would record that and we all would know them. :wink:
MaxB

Postby MaxB » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:I do not entirely buy into the last three dimentions; however, I do believe in seven of them. I believe there is only one infinity, and that God is the very source of this infinity. I believe that He exists on no plane, and in no dimention other than His own

If other dimensions are created, doesn't that imply that God's own dimension needed to be created also? If yes, who or what created it (God for sure couldn't because he is in the that dimension)? if no, why should there be God to create our dimensions?
MaxB

Postby Brian » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:46 am

Maat: The 11 Laws of God by Ra Un Nefer Amen
a short and interesting book....
Brian

Postby MaxB » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:04 am

Brian wrote:Maat: The 11 Laws of God by Ra Un Nefer Amen
a short and interesting book....

And two weeks away for someone like me (for mail to arrive). What about that book?
MaxB

PreviousNext

Return to The philosophical/spiritual implications