Altered States

Altered States

Postby Rob Bryanton » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:07 am

This area is for discussion of out-of-body experiences, dreams, meditation, trance states (induced by music, or by ritualized/repetitive action) and yes, halucinogens.

When I first created this site, I was surprised at the number of people who contacted me both privately and through the forum to say that they saw a connection between the ten dimensions as I present them in the animation and visions or concepts that they had come up with while in various other mental states. However, until today (end of October 2006), there was not a specific area on this site for the discussion of those experiences.

My stance on this topic has been the same since the site first became popular a few months ago - I have no experience with hallucinogens, so you certainly do not have to take hallucinogens to understand the ten dimensions as I present them. My fascination is with the relationship between the mind and what we experience as reality, and the indications that we as quantum observers could actually be creating our own reality from the indeterminate wave of the multiverse. I am also very interested in the indications that meditation could indeed be a way for us to manipulate our reality with nothing more than the power of the mind, which is why I believe that is part of the same discussion.

I look forward to seeing where these discussions will take us.

Rob Bryanton
Rob Bryanton
Site Admin

altered states

Postby ThEnigma » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:48 am

In my opinion, we each create reality and our states of consciousness change with every second of the day. For example, we have an altered state when we watch a movie of suspense than if we are eating a good meal. We have an altered state of consciousness when we are having to put up with a screaming boss than if we're at home relaxing.

This is just my opinion :)
ThEnigma
hunter

Postby staedtler » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Imagination is the only tool available to unlock the infinite creativity that lies within us all. Since thoughts become things, we should strive to have unhindered access to this infinite pool of possibilities, and it seems the possibilities are filtered the by human ego. The ego is usually the only thing standing between you and anything you can possibly imagine because the ego is what prevents belief. I guess limitations caused by the ego vary from person to person but it seems that in the absense of ego, the soul can shine while creativity flows freely.

The trouble is convincing your ego that it actually exists, and kindly asking it to step aside so the soul can do its thing. In current society, fear rules the psyche. We are stuck in a prison where our minds are focused on survival, while the light of the soul fades from until it is simply a notion. This is where entheogens show their colours. It is the altered conscousness that entheogens provide which allow for ego suppression and keen awareness of the infinite pool of knowledge that we can tap into. The soul and the ego can introduce themselves to each other, collaborate or even argue. It all plays out like a symphony before your third eye allowing you to 'see' the beauty of reality from a completely different and elightening angle.

Entheogens certainly show the mystery of the world and as Einstein said, "the most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

:D
staedtler
hunter

Re: Altered States

Postby MeditationMan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Rob Bryanton wrote: I am also very interested in the indications that meditation could indeed be a way for us to manipulate our reality with nothing more than the power of the mind

How so? Are you speaking of one purposefully impressing affirmations into their mind while their mind is in an Alpha state?
MeditationMan
hunter

Re: Altered States

Postby Rob Bryanton » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:17 am

Yes, exactly! And also the studies that have shown that meditating regularly actually changes the physical structures of the brain.
Rob Bryanton
Site Admin

Return to Altered States - meditation, trance, hallucinogens